It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to import Watchers using CSV.

When using the JIRA Importers plugin, the Map Field page does not allow me to chose the Watcher.  When I type in W or Watchers, the page tells me there are no matches.  Is there another way to import Watchers, or is that field called something else?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Karen,

You need to have the users already created in the instance, to import them as watchers.

As you can check in the below documentation, import them by CSV is possible, there is only this restriction.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your reply.  The users already exist, so I don't believe that this is the issue.  The problem I have is that in the JIRA Importers plugin, step 2: the Map Field page does not allow me to chose Watcher as a field that this column can be mapped to.

Any thoughts on this?

Best wishes,

Karen

As described on this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Failed-to-Import-watchers-through-CSV/qaq-p/612025

Only a JIRA admin can import Watchers through CSV. Admin > System > External System Import > CSV Import.

This is a different wizard than regular users are able to use.

hi @Josh Louie , I'm an admin but I still can't find "Watchers" in the list of fields when I try to map my CSV... 

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 11.10.35.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you