How to ignore issues that are assigned to a sprint in another project

I have three projects: A, B, C. A and C are specific to a product, whereas B is used to collect technical debt. Projects A and C have each a Scrum Board. I have a filter that includes issues from project B in both of projects A and C's scrum boards, i.e. Scrum A+B and Scrum C+B. How can I avoid listing project B's issues in the backlog of either project A or C if the issue is already part of the other project's sprint? So, my goal requires a JQL filter that states that an issue from project B that is already assigned to a sprint from scrum board A|C should not be seen listed in the scrum board C|A. It is not simply whether or not the issue from project B is in a sprint or not, but whether it is in a sprint from the other project. So really, I am looking for a JQL function along the lines of ...AND Sprint is not in ( ListSprintsInProject(Other Project))... , so for project A that would be ...AND Sprint is not in ( ListSprintsInProject(C))...

1 answer

0 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Aug 15, 2017

Hi Julian

I think you may need to be a bit creative to get this working without any add-ons.

I would use labels or components to define whether they show in A or C, so you could have a label of Board A and another label of Board C. Then your Scrum A filter needs to include AND labels = "Board A" and your Scrum C filter includes AND labels = "Board C".

Just by adding the correct label to an issue will ensure that it only appears on one of your boards.

I hope this is clear

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,624 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you