How to hide the block that shows the reporter and assignee in release 4.4

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

Hi,

We don't want to show the assignee and reporter information to external customers. In release 4.3, we added a test in the file atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/block/peopleblock.vm.

This file doesn't exist anymore in release 4.4.

Does somebody knows where this panel is configured now?

Thanks

Stéphane

2 answers

5 votes
Nick Seegmiller May 1, 2012

For anybody finding this question on a newer version of JIRA: Starting in JIRA 5, the side panels are just regular old plugins. Go to plugins in Administration and then click "Show System Plugins". Look for "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - View Issue Panels" and expand it. Expand "Manage plugin modules" and then disable the "peoplemodule". This will remove the panel entirely. You can turn off pretty much every single panel on the View Issue screen here.

This also works great if you want to make your own version of that panel (modify/add/remove elements). Just disable the official one and create a modified version in your own plugin. You should obviously merge in the official one as it changes, but this is a lot more self contained than worrying about modifying live vm files in your install.

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012
Sorry Nick I clicked on the down arrow by mistake... Thanks for your answer but I didn't want to remove the panel for all users but only for some of them depending on the groups they belong to.
1 vote
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2011

In order to hide the reporter, assignee and timetracking information, I had to change the following files :

templates/jira/issue/field/reporter-columnview.vm,

templates/jira/issue/field/timetracking-view.vm,

templates/jira/issue/field/assignee-columnview.vm,

templates/jira/issue/field/reporter-view.vm,

templates/plugins/jira/issuetabpanels/changehistory.vm,

templates/jira/issue/field/assignee-view.vm

mahmoud atout January 29, 2015

what changes did u apply how can i change mine too thx in advance

Suggest an answer