How to have subtask owner by default set to the creator of it ?

FARGES Maelyss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2020

When I create a subtask, his owner is set to none... I would like to have it to me by default.

I tried using automation with no success...

Do you know any settings to do so ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

hi @FARGES Maelyss are you on Cloud or Server/DC?

FARGES Maelyss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2020

I am on the website Jira, so I guess cloud ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

Hi @FARGES Maelyss I tried following configuration (globally = for all the projects) and it's working:

Selection_084.png

1. Trigger is set to "Issue Created"
  2. Condition is set to "Issue fields condition" (Field = Issue Type, Condition = is one of, Value = Sub-task)
  3. Action is se to "Assign issue" (Assigne the issue to -> Specify user, Select a user -> select you as the assigned user)
maelyss farges
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 7, 2020

I made this exact same automation... but it doesn't seams to work on my side... I must don't understant something

image.png

maelyss farges
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 7, 2020

Yeeees it works ! Comparing your screenshot to mine, I figure it wasn't inside the right categorie !

I was créating a Porject Rules when it NEEDS to be a Global rules !

Thanks for you help !

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2020

Sorry, I didn't even have a time to reply :) so it is great you made it. :) could you, please, accept the answer?

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2020

two approaches

1. Set up a workflow specific to sub-task issuetype. Add a post function to copy field reporter to assignee.
  2. Use automation to set assignee when sub-tasks created. 

Suggest an answer