How to have priority automatically assign to issue type

Deleted user July 22, 2015

I want to try using priorities in a slightly different way, and therefore a certain issue type would always be a certain priority. For example a bug would always be standard priority. Is there a way to do this automatically or will it have to be done manually in each ticket raised?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2015

It's a bit of a fiddle on Cloud (in Server, I'd use the script runner to keep it more simple), but possible.

You will need a different workflow for each issue priority you want to set.  (e.g. if you have priorities of high, medium and low, you'll need three workflows).  Obviously, you can get one workflow correct and then copy it a couple of times.

On the "create" transition, add a new post-function "set field (priority) to a value (h/m/l as required)"

I would remove the priority from the create screen (as the post-function is going to overwrite it anyway) and probably consider removing it from edit and transition screens as well, so the users can't ever change it.

0 votes
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

For JIRA Server, you can use the Update on Transition for JIRA add-on, which allows for conditional processing based on JQL,Regex pattern matching, etc.

This recipe illustrates how to use JQL-based conditioning, and you may also find these articles helpful:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events