How to have more visibility on technical customers about work

Diego Galan November 29, 2022

I just started with Jira, I see in the task little interaction that only shows the task to complete, and a comment saying done. What best practices are recommended to show the customer that engineers are progressing, and have some sort of proof  of work in the task itself.

usually related to confection of technical documents (i would like to know the source of information), bugs and code adaptations, and APIs.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Diego Galan ,

welcome to the community. Ultimately the right answer here is what works for you and your team. Particularly what do your "customers" require? Answering this will help you configure your projects and your processes to meet those needs. Now with that said, here are some initial thoughts.

• ensure that your workflow indicates progress is being made. For example, include an In progress status and if appropriate Testing.
  • include regular progress comments that the customer/reporter will see
  • Be sure that the team process includes a final comment on how the issue was resolved, e.g. developed new feature, root cause of the bug was xxx and I did yyy to address.

Suggest an answer