How to have more than one security level per issue?

Deleted user January 26, 2014

I have a context where 17 parties should not see issues of the others. I can manage that with issue security:

• Create an issue security scheme
  • Create a security level per party
  • Define for each created issue the security level

But how could I get something like: An issue arises that is in the intersection of 2 (or more) parties?

I don't see an easy solution here:

• Define for each intersection a separate security level (which is an administrative burdon)
  • Anything else?

To make it clear: Normally, issues are separated by party, but at least for 30% of all issues, there is more than one party that should have access to it. And no, not all parties should be allowed to see these issues.

Any idea?

----

After some search ...

I have found the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-14857where a (nebulous). There is the mentioning of one possible technique:

Another way to approach this would be to create a Multi-Group custom field and then change the Permission Scheme to be based on the custom field. This way issues can start off as being protected, but you can then add extra groups to the custom field, and allow the members of these groups to see the issues.

Does anyone know how this works? Perhaps this is a doable workaround ...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014
  1. Create a custom field (can be either a multi user or group custom field)
  2. Open your security level
  3. Use the custom field in the security level
  4. Use this security level in the issue

Depending on who has permission to edit the issue, users can then add users/groups into the custom field, thus granting them viewablitity of the issue. Or you could make a common transition specifically to edit that custom field.

Deleted user January 27, 2014

Thank's a lot for the exact way how to do it. I have built a quick prototype configuration in an example project, which works like a charme. I only had to define the groups, and change the permission scheme so that the allowed groups may change the mapping.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events