How to have different screen for different issue types

Vaishail August 21, 2015

Hello,

we have JIRA Agile.

When I create a project we get 2 screens created  1 for bug and 1 for Epic, Story and Task

I want to

1) have different screens for Epic, Story and Tasks and later  add custom control to them.

2) Depending on Issue types make some standard control visible and invisible.

I understand workflows very well and have different workflow for different issue types but I am struggling with

how to create different screens for different issue types and associate them these screens to the project and to that particular issue types.

I will very much appreciate any pointers  and steps to achieve to have different screens to different issue types.

thanks,

• vaishali

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2015

Hi Vaishali,

You can follow below steps for creating different Screens for Epics, Story and Task

• First go to screens and create 3 screens with names "Epic Screen", "Story Screen" and "Task Screen"
  • Once screen are created go to Screen Scheme and create 3 Screen Scheme "Epic Screen Scheme", "Story Screen Scheme" and "Task Screen Scheme".
  • Now associate each screens with respective Screen Schemes.
  • Once your Screen Schemes are ready then go and create Issue Type Screen Scheme. Associate each Screen Scheme with respective Screen Scheme.

Finally associate this issue type screen Scheme to your project and you are done!!

You just need to add those fields you want them to be visible on particular screen. So in future you just need to modify respective screen.

Issue Type Screen Scheme is basically consist of following

Screen1 --> Screen Scheme1 –> Issue Type1 

Screen2 --> Screen Scheme2 –> Issue Type2

Screen3 --> Screen Scheme3 –> Issue Type3

Taha

Vaishail August 23, 2015

Hi Taha, Thanks for the steps. It very much helped me. I was able to do what I wanted, - Vaishali

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2015

:)

Mehmet AYDIN January 15, 2019

Hi Taha,

Many thanks about your solution. 

0 votes
Preston Warden September 8, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to get the screens to be different per issue type and am not having any luck, I followed the above directions (I thought), but when I try to change schemes for a screen, it changes all issue types.

I have two issue types:

* Story

* Sub Task

Each have different fields necessary for the issue types and I do not want the same screen for both. When i change the screen for Sub-Task, it changes for Story as well and I can't figure out what to do. Any help?

0 votes
Vaishail August 23, 2015

Rahul and Taha,

By using both of your reply I was able to do what I wanted to do.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Vaishali
Cristina May 6, 2020

Hi,

I followed the steps above, but I have one doubt: 

How can I associate three different issue types with my project?

Screen1 --> Screen Scheme1 –> Issue Type1 

Screen2 --> Screen Scheme2 –> Issue Type2

Screen3 --> Screen Scheme3 –> Issue Type3

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2015

Hi @Vaishail

Please Go through below steps

A.Create separate screen for each issue types

each for bug , epic , task, story through create screen page the way you created workflow

B.Create new Screen scheme

• on view screen scheme click on configure link under operations column.
  • you will be redirected to configure Screen scheme page there click on button Associate issue operations with screen.
  • Issue has three operation namely create, view, edit you can set different screen for these just by selecting isuue operation in first drop down and screen from second drop down.
  • map issue operations with the screens you want.

C.Similarly create new Issue type screen scheme

• Associate an Issue Type with a Screen Scheme.
  • you will be redirected to configure Issue type screen scheme page there click on button Associate issue type with screen schemes.
  • set different screen schemes for diff issue type just by selecting issue type in first drop down and screen scheme from second drop down.

D.Finally associate Screen scheme and Issue type screen scheme with respective project.

cheers!!!

NOTE:

1. In Screen scheme we associate issue operations(Create, View, Edit) with screens.
  2. In Issue type screen scheme we associate issue type with screen schemes.

Vaishail August 23, 2015

Hi Rahul Thanks for the answer. It was very helpful. It also helped me to clear my concepts. Appreciate your help. - Vaishali

Nisha KC March 12, 2020

@rahuldanwade - Very helpful.

Thanks

Suggest an answer