How to have My Defaults be the default for Columns in Issue Filters

I have a important column that I added to one of my filters (under Issues -> under Filters). But everytime I go to it the Columns selection is set to 'Filter' so I have to change it to 'My Defaults'. How do I set this up so that 'My Default' is the default view for Columns?

4 answers

It never does for me. It never ever does!

0 vote

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I think you're asking about retaining column settings.

For your own filters, you can take an unsaved filter and select columns -> add near the top right of the list view - this is your personal list of columns you can use to view any filter.

Secondly, a saved filter can have columns saved with it as well - that will be the default view when any user goes into the filter.

Well you are in the right area. I already have my column setup and under each of the tabs in columns (My Defaults, Filter, System) I have added my columns. When I enter Jira or go to these filters my column is not there. So I click on the Columns button then click on any of the three tabs and my column shows up. So I was asking how to make this happen without me having to click on the columns button and then one of the tabs

You shouldn't have to - it should be saving the settings in there (it certainly does for me - once I choose the columns I want, it persists, even across reboots, let alone just wandering around the system)

It never does for me. It never ever does!

Could you discribe how you do it? Maybe I'm just not doing it correct!

While logged in as me, run a search. Go to "my defaults", change them. Log out, make tea, come back, log in, go to create a new search, and I've got the columns I set the last time I was there.

If they're not persisting, you might have a problem. Try checking the logs for errors. It might be worth looking in the database too, especially if you have saved filters, because their order can also be saved, so you can see them being stored in the database and check if they vanish.

Yeah thats what I had done. Will look into the DB but I can not see a reason why it wouldn't work.

Well you are in the right area. I already have my column setup and under each of the tabs in columns (My Defaults, Filter, System) I have added my columns. When I enter Jira or go to these filters my column is not there. So I click on the Columns button then click on any of the three tabs and my column shows up. So I was asking how to make this happen without me having to click on the columns button and then one of the tabs.

I had the same issue. What "seems" to have fixed this for me was to select "restore defaults" in the Columns pop-up box.

Didn't work for me. It is always going to a pre-determined set of columns that is meaningless for my filter (columns that don't exist in my project). I have 30+ projects that I have access to with different attributes/columns across the portfolio. It would be ideal to have each filter remember the default columns for  selection....is this not possible?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

81 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you