How to handle email for multiple projects in Jira OnDemand?

LukeI September 29, 2013

How do I enable different email addresses, or some other method of having emails create tickets in different projects, in Jira OnDemand?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

You actually need to have your own email address, that's not something that Atlassian can provide. You then setup a mail handler within OnDemand to check the email on your email account and process those messages.

2 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

Hmm, judging from the responses so far, I think you might need to create a support ticket at our support portal : support.atlassian.com, to work with our support team about your requirements :)

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email is a good startting place.

Hypothetically you could create a email address and then route it to Atlassian after you've worked with them to meet any needs they require. They may have additional addresses that you can purchase.

LukeI October 8, 2013

It's more the whole "worked with them to meet any needs they require" thing that I can't figure out. I've set up plenty of email handlers for Jira before, but I can't find a single reference to how to ask Atlassian for another address or what addresses other than jira@<domain>.atlassian.net are available.

LukeI October 15, 2013

David, if you would please make your comment a full response, I will mark it as the answer.

Suggest an answer