How to group tickets in a JQL Query

Steven Choiniere November 30, 2020

Hello Community, 

Wondering if there's a simple and efficient solution to this: 

Every Monday we have a meeting, all PM's bring up tickets that need following up, etc. We want to include these tickets in a Dashboard for easy viewing. 

Trying to find a way to mark tickets so I can group, I don't want to use Flags, or create a new component, want to know if there's a simple way to 'mark' a ticket so I can include it in a search query. 

This probably makes no sense, but let me know if anyone has any suggestions. 

Thanks y'all. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Hi @Steven Choiniere,

No, that doesn't make any sense (LOL) ;-)

The most flexible way is probably through labels. They are semi-structured, so you can use them to filter by on a dashboard (through a pie chart gadget or a two dimensional statistics gadget). And you can always create new labels if you want to.

In it is both the plus as the minus.  As they are so flexible and easy to use, they tend to get used for all kinds of purposes. And you may end up with way more labels than you want in your reports.

So, if you want to be fast and flexible, I guess you got a good solution there. If you want to report consistently across the same type of information, you could think about setting up some more structured custom fields as well.

Steven Choiniere November 30, 2020

Labels worked great!

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders