How to give a new Jira project the same name and code as an existing Confluence site?

John Reese October 9, 2014

We have an Confluence site not currently associated with any JIRA projects. I need to create a new JIRA project with the same name and code as the Confluence site.

4 answers

0 votes

When I attempt to create the key for the new JIRA project I get the error 'key already in use'. In fact is is being used by the site for which I want to name the new JIRA project, and I want the project to have the same key for the site as well.

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

This is impossible, you can not share keys in the same JIRA environment. You will have to change the key on one or the other if you wish to create this new project.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

Ahhh, thanks!
So, have you attempted to create a new project in JIRA? Provided this key is not in use, you will be allowed to create a project with the same name. Then, you can create a link between your JIRA project and Confluence space.

Hopefully that answers your question smile

0 votes

It might be more appropriate to call it the key.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

What do you mean by "code" exactly?

Suggest an answer