It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get time spent in certain status per issue Edited

Hi,

Is there any JQL Query to find the time spent (start date and End date) on the particular status per issue, without the help of add-ons.

Thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Pooja,

Sadly there is no solution for just one issue on the issue navigator, but you have Gadgets with give you a little insight on that information. In your dashboard you can add the following gadgets:

image.pngRegards

Hi Lara,

Thank you For your Suggestion, But I want to export it in the Excel Sheet at the end of the day, which is not possible with reports.

Regards,

Pooja

Like Gustavo Sant -Anna likes this

@Pooja 

Have you got solution for this issue , We also need same reports . Can you help me out how you get resolved this issue .

Hi @Mahesh Kallepalli ,

We have not  got any solution for this, so we extracted directly from database by power BI

Like Mahesh Kallepalli likes this

I developed a tool in Google Sheets that allows you to do exactly that.  I made the tool freely available.  Here is my blog post that provides the details.

Amazing Michael! 

Looks very comprehensive. I don't know that I can use it for security reasons. Does the resource access save the JIRA creds, or each time I initialize does it calls the creds I specify? 

@Yolanda Repetto-Logan , sorry I did not see your question. The creds are saved in the User Properties of the Google Sheet so only that specific user has access to them.

0 votes
Mirek Community Leader Aug 21, 2018

Nope. Unfortunately without addons (or development) this is not possible to achieve in JQL (or in JIRA)

Hi @Pooja

Unfortunately, there is no way you can find the time spent (start date and end date) on the particular status per issue with JQL Query, but you can achieve it with Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSjet.

With this tool, you can easily track the number of times an issue has been in every status. Also, you can get the information about the time in status for each stage in a workflow and the number of times a task has gone from status to status. Safe to say, this add-on is a good way to get a helicopter view, find out bottlenecks and unproductive delays in your processes.

Moreover, you can export all necessary data as a report in XLS or CVS file and set up a teamwork schedule to exclude non-working hours or days. Based on this extracted custom report you can proceed with your corporate analysis.

The add-on is constantly improving and develops the ability to show an average time spend in status in the grid. So any time soon, this data can be seen directly in the application.

Best regards,
Julia
SaaSJet

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you