Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to get tickets that have had comments / updates in x number of days

Hi,

I'm want know get a list tickets per user that have not been had a comment added in x number of days that are not waiting on customer or 3rd party. 

I want send users a list of their tickets that have not updated their tickets in x days. 

I also want to report on tickets that have not been updated in 2 days, 5 days, 2 week, 1  month .

Can this be done ? 

Can this be done from Powershell ? 

2 answers

Hi @Gregory Machin

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, these two fields are available in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting and filtering by all your issue fields, plus a number of "smart fields" that aren't natively available. Both the "date/time of last update" and the "date/time of last comment" field are included.

This is how this looks in action:

date-of-last-comment.gif

You can combine any number of column filters to narrow down to the list of issues you're looking for. Once you have this list, you can either work on your issues directly in JXL, trigger a number of Jira operations, or export them to e.g. Excel for further processing with just one click.

I should add that filtering for the date of last comment doesn't currently have an option to include "empty" values, so if an issue doesn't have any comment at all, the filter as shown in the clip above doesn't work - but I can think of ways to workaround this, until we provide this option. I'm more than happy to assist further if JXL looks like an option for you.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes

Hello @Gregory Machin 

It is not possible with native Jira functionality to filter based on when the last comment was last added to an issue. You would need to consider a third party app to get that functionality.

Natively there is an Updated date/time field which records the last time an issue was updated, but his include comments being added/edited plus changes to other fields and Status. You can create a criteria for that field to find issues not updated in the past 5 days like this:

updated <= -5d 

You can combine that criteria with specifications for the Status field and Assignee field to get issue assigned to a particular person that have not been updated in the past 5 days and are not set to a specified status (or a group of statuses)

If you want to have a filters that you can run that return the results for each Assignee separately you will have to create a filter for each assignee. Alternately you can set up a filter that does not specify the Assignee and simply order the results by Assignee.

You could also look at the updatedBy function. Again that would be looking at any update, not just comments, but you can use it to check if the Assignee specifically has made an update to the issue in a time period.

Suggest an answer