How to get the total time spent from a linked issue from a different project?

Malavika L P July 1, 2022

Hi All,

I have linked one issue to another issue in a different project. Is there any way to get the total time spent (ie, time spent on linked issues) to the time tracking field in a particular project?

Eg: I have linked the issue AB1 to an issue in another project PS1 and I would like to get the total time spent in the issue PS1 in the time tracking field.

3 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

Out of the box it is not possible. You should implement this with a script:

1. by using ScriptRunner and a calculated field if you need this in the browser
  2. by using Better Excel Exporter and a calculated field if you want to further work with it and create reports
0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 2, 2022

Hi @Malavika L P 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get cross project time spent of linked issues, you can have a look at our add-on -

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

and generate insights such as:

- View the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues,
Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

- % complete based on time spent and story points at each hierarchy level

- Sum up Time Spent, Org Estimate, Time Rmng, custom number
fields

Links HIerarchy.PNG

0 votes
Andrea Pannitti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

Hi @Malavika L P,

yes, it's possible to do this with ScriptRunner, using a Script Field.

Martin Ninaj April 12, 2023

Is script documented somewhere please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events