How to get the history of project assignment for an issue?

albal January 18, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to get a list of issues that were previously on a board, either raised there or at some point moved there.  For example I have tickets on boards B & C but I want to only show the issues that were on board A.

I thought I would be able to search the activity or use `WAS` on `Project` but that is not the case.  I am in an enterprise environment and there is no option to change the configuration or add plug-ins to the Jira installation.  We are running version v7.5.1#75006-sha1:7df2574

The eventual plan is to have a confluence page that summarises the tickets raised this week and the tickets that have been from board A during this period.

Thanks in advance,

Al 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
albal January 19, 2018

I found a solution using the REST API and jq.  This runs under bash:

curl -s -D- -X GET -H "Authorization: Basic YOUR_AUTH " -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://jira.domain.tld/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%20%3D%20PROJECT_NAME%20AND%20created%20>%3D%20-1w&expand=changelog&maxResults=999"  | grep { | jq '.issues[].changelog.histories[].items[].fromString' | grep "PREVIOUS_PROJECT_NAME" | wc –l

You will need to change YOUR_AUTH, domain.tld, PROJECT_NAME and PREVIOUS_PROJECT_NAME to suitable values for your search.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Hi Al

A board is just a "view" of issues, often only from one project, but can be from multiple projects.

If I understand your question correctly, you have one project and 3 boards. You're wanting to query which issues are showing or have been showing on board A - this is not possible.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Going further with this, you must have some criteria which makes an issue show on board A but not on board B and C. These criteria could be used to extract the info you want.

Possibly show us the filter queries that you're using for each board and that may help us understand it

albal January 18, 2018

Hi, thanks for your response.  I don't mean Boards but Projects.  So I have some issues that were in Project A but are not in Project B and C.  I want to make a list of issues that were in Project A but now are not.

Suggest an answer