How to get the date of each status transition

Cristóbal González June 25, 2024

For analytics purposes, I want to know/get the date each time a status transition happens no matter from which status to which one the transition is.

5 answers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2024

Hi @Cristóbal González 

As far as I know, it's only possible to see a date of change for transitions in the History section when opening each issue. 

My team has developed two solutions that can show the date of change for transitions:

1) Issue History for Jira app that records all changes, including status transition:

status transitions date change.jpg

2) Time in Status app provides user with Status Entrance Date report:

status entrance date.jpg

Both apps come with free trials. Let me know what works better for you.

Cristóbal González June 26, 2024

Thanks Yuliia!

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2024

Hi @Cristóbal González 

As suggested by others you can use Automation to capture this information.

Or you can use a third party app as well to get this data easily. If you are open to try out one, do take a look at

Time in Status Reports 

One of the many reports which the app provides is Status Transition Details, as you can see in the screen grab below. It displays the who transition the issue status and when.

The app has 20+ reports to meet a variety of time in status use cases.

More Details here 

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

TIS - Status Transition Details.PNG

Cristóbal González June 26, 2024

Thanks Amay!

Like Amay Purohit_RVS likes this
0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2024

Hi @Cristóbal González

Jira doesn't have a built-in solution for issue transition date report. If you prefer using a marketplace app, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. To get a report of when the issue entered a status, you can have a look at Status Count And Entry Dates report. Entry date(see In Development, Ready for Testing, In Testing, In Development columns) is status transition date and status count(see #In Development, #Ready for Testing, #In Testing, #In Development columns) is how many times an issue is entered to this status.

App Features:

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, resolution time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

For further details, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

If you are looking for a completely  free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Reports Free.

If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a free demo with us.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2024

Hi @Cristóbal González ,

Currently, you can look at an issue and see when any transition happened by just looking at the history/activity. If you want to look at a dashboard that has a date feed of the transition in your project, that would be something customize or can check the marketplace.

Hi Benjamin, what i need is a customization or some marketplace tool.

Regarding customization, I was looking for some documentation about it but unfortunately I didn't find anything and that's why I'm here.

What I need is to get those dates executing a "simple" JQL. Is that possible?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

Not through native JQL. You'll want to explore some of the apps in the thread recommended by the members here. 

0 votes
shivakumarh483
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2024

Hello Cristóbal González,

you can use Time in status app for getting the transition date.

Hi Shivakumarh483, Time in Status app is in the marketplace?

Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
June 26, 2024

Hello @Cristóbal González ,

The app that @shivakumarh483 mentioned is Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) , the oldest and leading Time in Status app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is built by my team at OBSS. It is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

You can use the date-based reports to see the transition dates from/to a status. In the screenshot below you can see the transition dates of the issues to each status. I think this report will be spot on for your needs.

Report Types FT to Status Date.png

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore and enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events