How to get the Mapping between Workflow, Issue Type and project?

TAGNAOUTI Khaoula September 17, 2019

Hello everybody,

There is any database table in JIRA has the mapping information between workflow, Issue Type and project?

I checked the database but I didn't find a table with association.

Could you please help me for this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi @TAGNAOUTI Khaoula 

Mapping between project and workflow scheme (and other schemes) you can find in nodeassociation table. Then (knowing workflow scheme id used in project) you can find workflows assigned to issue types in this specific workflow scheme in workflowschemeentity table.

Similar topic: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/the-relations-between-project-and-workflows-in-the-database/qaq-p/11249

Regards,

Seba

TAGNAOUTI Khaoula September 18, 2019

Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński 

Thank you for your return.

This query shows the "workflow scheme" information not the "workflow" information.

However, it doesn't show the Issuetype information.

Regads,

AP

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

What query?

TAGNAOUTI Khaoula September 18, 2019

The query indicated in the link above:

SELECT *

FROM PROJECT, NODEASSOCIATION, WORKFLOWSCHEME

WHERE PROJECT.ID = NODEASSOCIATION.SOURCE_NODE_ID

AND NODEASSOCIATION.SINK_NODE_ID = WORKFLOWSCHEME.ID

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

Hi @TAGNAOUTI Khaoula 

Query from article was not good.

Try this one:

select n.source_node_id, w.scheme, n.sink_node_id, w.workflow, w.issuetype from workflowschemeentity w 
join nodeassociation n on n.sink_node_id=w.scheme
where n.source_node_id=<project_id> and n.sink_node_entity like 'WorkflowScheme'

Now you need to know only project id and put in query.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Seba

TAGNAOUTI Khaoula September 19, 2019

@Sebastian Krzewiński  It doesn't work, this the error msg that I receive:

00936. 00000 - "missing expression"

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2019

What database do you have?

This query works in PSQL. You can easily change it if it is needed in other database.

Oracle

@Sebastian Krzewiński It works! Thank you very much for your help!

Regads,

AP

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2019

@TAGNAOUTI KhaoulaI'm glad that it work :)

If you don't might please accept my answer so other users can see that this query is working ;)

TAGNAOUTI Khaoula September 20, 2019

Finally, I realized that I need a query for "issue status" instead of "issue type".

I oponed another topic if you could help me plz.

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2019

Sure :)

Please paste link to new topic.

HaRsHaS_ V August 21, 2020

@Sebastian Krzewiński , Thanks for the info..I see that the query you gave does not provide the issuetype name. I used all columns, no luck. Could you please help me relating workflows and issuetypes?

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2020

@HaRsHaS_ VSure!

select n.source_node_id, w.scheme, n.sink_node_id, w.workflow, w.issuetype, isstype.pname from workflowschemeentity w 
join nodeassociation n on n.sink_node_id=w.scheme
join issuetype isstype on w.issuetype=isstype.id
where n.source_node_id=<project_id> and n.sink_node_entity like 'WorkflowScheme'
HaRsHaS_ V August 21, 2020

@Sebastian Krzewiński Thanks for the reply, is there any way we can capture the unassigned issutypes? Because I ve tried this query and the unassigned types seem to be left out..I checked few tables but no luck..

Any help is highly appreciated..and I have  questions on 2 other queries..if you have time to answer.

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2020

What do you mean with unassigned issue types?

HaRsHaS_ V August 23, 2020

@Sebastian Krzewiński , I meant all the issuetypes that are not associated workflow, so they tend to use the Default Workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events