How to get story point filled by Planning Poker

Parvez Soobhany January 9, 2020

Hello All,

I'm new to the world of JIRA and I'm currently using the trial version of JIRA along with Planning poker.

When saving an estimate, I got an error that a customfield_10016 is not on the screen, and I was offered the possibility for JIRA to solve the problem for me, which I did.

Now, when I save an estimate in the Poker game, the story point field is not updated. It's the story point estimate that is filled. Thus to be able to plan my sprint, I need to manually update every story so that I can see how many story points are there in total before planning the sprint and while adding issues to my sprint.

Is this a normal behaviour or is there something that I'm doing wrong.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Parvez

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Parvez Soobhany January 10, 2020

Hi All,

I have been able to find the solution to this.

When creating a game, there is an option to choose "Export estimates to" and the problem is solvedsnap0001282.png

2 votes
Gideon Abate June 1, 2020

Hi problem I'm experiencing is that even after selecting Story Points (customfield_xxxxx) i get an error on PP saying that it couldn't write to that field. 

Ricardo May 11, 2021

I am having the same issue! the answer above does not resolve this...

Becky Broderick June 3, 2021

Was this ever solved? I have the same issue

Anton _Tech-5_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2021

Hi

Check this guide, there are 3 solutions to the problem depending on your Jira configuration. 

And check out our free Magic Estimations app

Like # people like this
Ricardo June 7, 2021

Thanks for sharing!

Suggest an answer