How to get rid of duplicate issues in Jira structure.

Yuvi January 22, 2019
When I create a new story from the structure and drag and drop it under an epic in structure..I am getting duplicate issues(like the story I created and the one I drag and dropped under an epic) Can some one please help me out why this is happening?
Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hi Yuvi,

There are a few reasons this may be happening, so I am going to provide a guess here. It is possible that the automation in the structure brings in all the issues, including the stories, using the Insert generator, and then when the story gets link to Epic, it is shown using the Extend generator as well. This particular situation is quite common and there is a special kind of Filter generator to resolve it, called "Remove Inserter/Extender duplicates". If you add this generator to your structure, then root level stories will disappear as soon as they are added under Epic. Please, try if it helps.

If not, then some additional description of the problem is needed - which generators are used to build the structure, where the duplicated issues appear exactly and how they are added to the structure - step by step.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works Support

Yuvi January 25, 2019

Thank you so much. Worked for me.

Sai Sujit September 26, 2019

Hi Egor,

I have a same issue and I am using cloud plugin version and I dont see an option "Remove Inserter/Extender duplicates". Please help me with this

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

Hello, Sai,

Cloud version of Structure has a lot of limitations compared to server/DC version, but we are constantly working on improving it. You can keep a track of changes using this link

And this is our roadmap for Structure Cloud.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Stan Dalenc August 5, 2022

Hello, @Egor Tasa [ALM Works], are the differences between Cloud/DC-server less now? can we have a table of currently unsupported features on the cloud?

xrigau October 11, 2022

Please add Remove Inserter/Extender duplicates to cloud.

Like # people like this
Jaume Grande March 22, 2023

Same situation since 2019...

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer