How to get one burdown chart when i have multiple squads working as part of 1 project

Raj Amit May 12, 2023

As part of our project we have split our team into 3 squads and each squad has its own Jira board and active sprint running independently which we need to start and end separately. Each squad follow the same cadence . Is there any way i can get one combined burndown chart for the entire team?

3 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Raj Amit,

Your best option is to use the Release Burnup Burndown gadget offered by our Great Gadgets plugin, which is based on a filter. All you have to do is to have a filter with the issues of all your squads and you will have the burndown in a minute.

For details on how to do it, have a look on this blog post: Cross-teams release burndown chart in Jira with Great Gadgets app 

This app offers many other gadgets that you will find useful: velocity, sprint burndown, cycle time, lead time, etc

If you have questions, please feel fee to contact us at support@stonibyte.com.

Thank you,

Danut M.

0 votes
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Raj Amit

Unfortunately you can't combine separate Sprints out-of-the-box with Jira.  However, you can do it with the "Custom Charts for Jira Reports and Jira Dashboard Filter" plugin by Old Street Solutions.  (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220925/custom-charts-for-jira-reports-and-jira-dashboard-filter?tab=overview&hosting=cloud)

During the Team'23 conference, one of the folks at the Old Street Solutions booth showed me how to combine multiple sprints into a single velocity chart using their tool.  I don't see any reason why you can't do the same for a burndown chart.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi,

The chart belong to a sprint and not to a need so if you need to combine them the 3 team need to work on the same sprint. Don't forget that a sprint can be in multiple board

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-To-Guide-How-to-manage-sprints-across-multiple-boards/ba-p/1758772

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events