How to get notified whenever a update is happen in the filter?

manikanta ch November 12, 2020

Hi,

How to get notified whenever an update is happen in the filter?.

Ex - I have the following filter Project = Test and Country = UK and Status != Closed and created >= -15m and I would like to get notified whenever a new issue created, Commented, edited in the filter.

I have created a filter subscription to get notified every 10 min with cron expression but I am not getting any notification.

Thanks in advance,

Ch

2 answers

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

As I see it the filter is your notification itself. With that filter you can have a gadget within a dashboard that loads the results for the filter and you would check this screen instead of your eMail.

The problem? It seems you want real time notificactions and the gadget would auto refresh every 15min tops.

You could of course forget about the fiilter (notifications wise) ad use an automation to define when to get notified by email (in your case issue created, or list of issues created in the last xx minutes)

manikanta ch November 13, 2020

Hi @Iago Docando -

Are there any documents for the automation?

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2020

Sure 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

I hope it is enough. There are probably more options if you use the plugin automation for jira but this might be all you need.

0 votes
Mario Alfaro November 12, 2020

Hi @manikanta ch , with the subscription you will receive notifications about updates made to the filter itself, not the new issues of the filter result.

Regards, Mario

Suggest an answer