How to get more than 50 issues with search API

I am trying to use JIRA REST Search API to get issues. However API returns me only 50 issues. I tried using startAt and maxResults. However I am getting error 'Field 'startAt' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it." What should I do to get all the issues using JIRA Rest API

4 answers

Based on the error I assume that you try to pass startAt as a field. The format of GET params should be as following:

rest/api/2/search?jql=SOME_JQL&fields=summary,duedate,issuetype&startAt=51

today I discovered that maxResults does not work anymore... even if I assign to maxResults a number bigger than 100, I get always issues from 0 until 99 

Below is based on the response received from a Support ticket:

The /rest/api/2/search endpoint has been limited to 100 results , as you can see at: JRACLOUD-67570: JIRA Cloud REST API /rest/api/latest/search?maxResults=1000 is returning only 100 results

Unfortunately, this limit isn't configurable, you'll need to rely on pagination to retrieve the desired number of results

You need to pass maxResults=500 as one of the query parameters. Where 500 is the maximum number of results you want back.

Here is an example call I use to get issues from JIRA OnDemand and JIRA Server via the REST API. It returns as many results as I need.

/search?jql=project%3DSTRATEJOS&maxResults=5000&fields=*navigable,worklog

If you use this then you don't need startAt (it becomes optional).

Looks like this is applicable on-premise JIRA instance. We are using JIRA on-demand. Is there configuration for the same ?

You need to check with Atlassian support team what is the default value for You.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,885 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you