How to get answers fast

ELI0067 September 14, 2022

Hi All,

Sorry, but I'm newbie and need to complete a task. I have already received some answers in my discussion:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Scriptrunner-to-automate-the-status-change-when-a-comment-is/td-p/2129594#U2134494

but after a couple of replies I can't see other replies on how to proceed.
Maybe I need to use another channel or do I need to open another conversation with another question?
Could someone please help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The short answer is that you can't assume you are going to get any answers, and certainly not with any speed.

The speed of response is heavily influenced by time-zones and working patterns.  I rarely answer stuff before lunch, unless I'm going into London that day and have a little time on the train.  My first answers mostly get posted as India goes to bed and the US is getting up.

Everyone here is a volunteer answerer (with a few edge cases - some of the Atlassians active here have answering certain types of questions as part of their job, and I have "time on Community" as a timesheet code for mine).  That means there is no imperative to answer fast, or at all.  

The best thing you can do is ask questions well - ones that pique our interest, have enough detail for us to work with, and, ideally, demonstrate that you have actually tried to solve it for yourself (i.e. put us in a place where we aren't rolling our eyes and trying not to type RTFM or LMGTFY into our response - most answerers want to help you properly, not just point you to a page you should have read before asking the question because it solves it faster than we ever could)

When you're not getting a response, by all means, respond again on the question - anyone who is watching it, or has commented/answered will be notified, and most of us are pretty good at picking up again. 

In my case, I've usually forgotten about the thread because I don't have a good memory, so a "hey, did we get further" reminder is actually welcome, plus I have a bit of a grasshopper attention sp.... ohh, shiny new thing, let's look at that now...

ELI0067 September 16, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

thanks for the information and advice.

I apologize for appearing disrespectful to anyone in this group. Unfortunately, although I tried a solution myself, it didn't work and even though I asked for the support of someone from the group, who provided me with useful information, unfortunately it still doesn't work. I don't know who else to ask for technical support. Could you tell me how I can find a solution? Do I need to ask in a different group?

Suggest an answer