How to get an extract of all issues in an Epic

Rudolph Dreyer January 6, 2019

I would like to know if there is a way to get an Excel extract of all Issues within an Epic (Issues linked to Epic)?

I currently have stories from multiple projects linked to certain Epics. I can get individual Excel extracts from the various projects and see how those stories are linked to different epics. But I can't seem to find a way on how to get an extract from the Epic side.

I can see the different stories linked to the epic, in Jira, under "Issues in Epic". However when I pull an extract I cannot find that field.

I would appreciate some advice in this regard.

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2019

Hi @Rudolph Dreyer,

You can query the issue where Epic Link is not empty by the following JQL:

"Epic Link" is not EMPTY

epic link.png

Rudolph Dreyer January 9, 2019

Hi @Ollie Guan,

Thank you for your reply. Your answer did help me filter through my project and pull more focused reports. 

The problem is I have is I am working on multiple projects and have created a "Master Epic" project, which contains Epics that links across more than one project.

Your suggestion to use "Epic Link" is not EMPTY, works perfectly for looking up epics linked to stories within a project.

What I am looking for is "Stories within an Epic" or "Stories linked to Epics".

The view in JIRA that I would like to extract is the "Issues in Epic" view.

Snip.png

I would like to see all the Epics with their related stories.

Please see below my Excel example:

Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Rudolph

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Hi @Rudolph Dreyer,

If you are using Jira Server now, maybe the Structure for Jira plugin can help you.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/34717/structure-for-jira-projects-at-scale?hosting=server&tab=overview

Stories Under Epics Extender.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events