How to get all items exported and sorted by rank/priority incl active sprint?

Jurgen De Smet May 9, 2016

Hey

I have a Scrum project where I have an active sprint with some stories in it and a huge backlog of other stories to work on next. When I look at backlog view in JIRA I see the active sprint items on top and then the backlog, I would like to export the same item list in excel now but I can't seem to get this arranged.

When searching items on project with status in todo/wip order by rank I get the backlog +/- Ok but the items in the active sprint are somewhere in between the others and not on top as I would expect. 

How can I get a list out of JIRA that is giving me the backlog ordered by rank (= priority) with all items from current/active sprint on top (also ordered by rank/priority)?

1 answer

0 votes
Jurgen De Smet May 9, 2016

As far as I can read I come back with an assumption rank is not valid for items in a sprint but only for items not assigned in a sprint, at the same time I assume that rank is used for the sorting in a sprint backlog; combining those assumptions I seem to end up that one can not have a single query to get all items in a list sorted by priority with active sprint on top. But I want to verify my assumptions and hopefully learn that there are options at hand that I'm not aware off.

Suggest an answer