Using this api call to set it:

/rest/api/2/user/properties/' + property + '?username=' + currentUser

Would be nice if i could access and change it somewhere in the JIRA settings

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ruslan March 14, 2017

From what i found out there are two different user properties, one that ui user properties and the other is the ones accessible from plugins. Apparently there is no way to see the properties that are accessible through plugins anywhere in the JIRA.. But you can access the ui properties in JIRA settings as described by Cassiano Barbosa

3 votes
Shashank Yadav September 17, 2019

Hi,  I still can't access the user properties on the UI for Jira cloud, what am I missing?

krnaicker April 5, 2020

Hi, i'm having an issue within "Automation".  I'm using a smart value for a condition, but it seems like no value is being returned.

{{issue.reporter.properties.Division}}

Whereby "Division" is my user property i've setup on my profile.

When i try to use the above in a condition, it returns nothing.

Can anyone advise how i can read the value in the above field so my condition executes accordingly?

Ben Steward January 14, 2021

Same question basically, did you find a way to do it?

Dawn Hall February 26, 2021

Try this format

{{issue.reporter.properties.**the name of your user properties**.Division}}

This is how mine look.

{{issue.Reporter.properties.iata_user_properties.division}} 

2 votes
Reshma Pendse August 2, 2019

Hi, After setting the user properties on the UI, is there a way that JSD agents can view this from the UI?

1 vote
cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017
Ruslan March 13, 2017

I know how to access it using api calls. What i wanted is some kind of access to these properties that im storing from the jira's website. For example, i was set webhooks inside my atlassian-connect file or i can set them using Jira's settings, if there was a way to access user properties from somewhere in the settings that's be nice.

cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

Hi, first I am sorry for the wrong answer, second, there is a way to create, edit and delete users properties. 

1. Go to JIRA user management, choose the user you want.
  2. On the reset password button, have a drop down list with 2 options, View JIRA project roles and Edit JIRA properties.
  3. Select the second option and add the values and keys you want.

Hope it helps, and once again sorry for my first response.

Ruslan March 14, 2017

Thanks, this definitely helps as for settings properties, I don't have to use the API calls anymore. Do you know if there is a way how see the values that i already have there and edit those? 

cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2017

Hi Ruslan, glad to hear it helped you. Unhappily we have no Bulk edit for this, as for the search the only way around here is API call.

But you can add a feature request at JAC.

And have a good day.

Suggest an answer