How to get access to user properties

Using this api call to set it:

/rest/api/2/user/properties/' + property + '?username=' + currentUser

Would be nice if i could access and change it somewhere in the JIRA settings

2 answers

1 accepted

From what i found out there are two different user properties, one that ui user properties and the other is the ones accessible from plugins. Apparently there is no way to see the properties that are accessible through plugins anywhere in the JIRA.. But you can access the ui properties in JIRA settings as described by Cassiano Barbosa

I know how to access it using api calls. What i wanted is some kind of access to these properties that im storing from the jira's website. For example, i was set webhooks inside my atlassian-connect file or i can set them using Jira's settings, if there was a way to access user properties from somewhere in the settings that's be nice.

Hi, first I am sorry for the wrong answer, second, there is a way to create, edit and delete users properties. 

1. Go to JIRA user management, choose the user you want.
  2. On the reset password button, have a drop down list with 2 options, View JIRA project roles and Edit JIRA properties.
  3. Select the second option and add the values and keys you want.

Hope it helps, and once again sorry for my first response.

Thanks, this definitely helps as for settings properties, I don't have to use the API calls anymore. Do you know if there is a way how see the values that i already have there and edit those? 

Hi Ruslan, glad to hear it helped you. Unhappily we have no Bulk edit for this, as for the search the only way around here is API call.

But you can add a feature request at JAC.

And have a good day.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

451 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you