How to get a report on status changes (back and forth) on a sprint/version/epic issues?

Anne-Laure Caluori February 11, 2019

Hello!

As a new JIRA user without any training on the application, I have difficulties in finding the good reports/extracts our team would need... 

I would like to know if it is possible to get a report or an extract allowing us to determine how many status changes there have been on each issue of a sprint/epic/version?

We would like for instance to answer questions such as:

- have there been many back and forth between Developer and QA?

- has one issue been moved from In Progress to Blocked? For how long did it stay in Blocked status? etc

It would help understanding why we have troubles in having smooth sprints and challenge ourselves to improve :-/

Thanks a lot for your replies! :)

Anne 

4 answers

4 votes
Giorgio Bortoli June 28, 2022

i'm a bit late to the party, but if you're cheap like me you can just do a filter. it's not as pretty as the add-ons but does the trick for me:

project = whateveryourprojectis and issuetype in (bug, story, task fix this if you need) and ((status changed from "Code Review" to "Ready for Review" on -1d) or (status changed from "In Development" to "Code Review" on -1d) or (status changed from "Ready for Review" to "In Testing" on -1d) or (status changed from "In Testing" to "Done" on -1d)) ORDER BY assignee ASC

so that basically shows you everything that was moved yesterday, from some selected statuses to the next ones. The way i use it is that i only track what was moved from a status to another one that indicates that something was DONE (either development was finished and therefore the issue is in code review, or code review was done and now the issue is in testing, and so on).

it gives you something like this (this is in my dashboard)

Immagine 2022-06-28 095600.png

1 vote
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2019

Hello @Anne-Laure Caluori

I suggest you take a look at the original Time in Status by OBSS. Our app does exactly what you need.

• Our app creates reports on how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee or user group.
  • Number of time each status or transition was used.
  • View durations in days, hours, minutes, etc.
  • Include issue fields in your report.
  • Export data as CSV, XLS or XLSX.
  • Calculate time averages, grouped by multi level issue fields that you select.
  • Define your own business calendars.

We now have Server, Data Center and Cloud options.

Anne-Laure Caluori April 24, 2019

Hello @Emre Toptancı _OBSS_ 

Thank you for your suggestion; I tried to install the app twice, but unfortunately, I see no difference in our JIRA, while everything in the setting seems OK. 

I remove and tried to re-install it and it is not working any better. 

I surely will have to resort to Support Team, just hoping it won't take too much time to get an answer...

Anne-Laure

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2019

Hello @Anne-Laure Caluori

When you install Time in Status for Jira Cloud by OBSS, you should be able to see "Time in Status" link in the main Jira menu right away. Time in Status does not require any configuration up front. This documentation page shows where link should appear.

If you are still having problems, please send a message to plugin@obss.com.tr . Our support team will be more than happy to help you.

Best regards,

EmreT

1 vote
Mark Kern [SaaSJet] March 21, 2019

Hello there

You can try the good new alternative tool Time in status for Jira Cloud.

This add-on will allow you to automatically get all the necessary data about:

- time spent on each status

- time when every issue entered each of the statuses for the first time.

- how many times an issue has been in each status and went from status to status

- sums the time a task was in each status at a particular date

- other report (average time, assignee time)

You can view data from all reports in tabular form or as charts and export them.

With the help of add-on Issue History you can see all changes that happened since the issue had been created and who made them.

Anne-Laure Caluori March 22, 2019

Hello Mark, 

Thank you for this idea!

I will see with team and CTO if it could fit our need; the transition count sounds really interesting for us, as well as the export!

Anne

Like Mark Kern [SaaSJet] likes this
0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello Anne-Laure,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can try the gadget Average Number of Times in Status and Average Time in Status by adding the Time in Status field to your issues, however, this gadget display a general graphic of all your issues.

To have a report that displays the status changes and time spent per status specifically on each issue, I recommend you to use the Pivot by Status report provided by the Time Reports plugin:

Time Reports for JIRA Cloud

Let me know if one of these options works for you, Anne.

Anne-Laure Caluori February 12, 2019

Hello Petterson,

Thank you for your reply! :)

I will see with team but it seems that our CTO is not willing to use the time tracking...Is there any option to have a report only on status changes? 

Thanks again!

Anne

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2019

Hello Anne,

The suggested plugin does not require time tracking. The Pivot by Status report will display the status changes and the time each issue has spent on each status.

Apart from this, I think JIRA does not have any report/gadget that could give you this information without using Time Tracking, however, I believe there are other plugins in Marketplace that can give you this functionality.

Just let me know if the plugin suggested does not match your criteria and I can search for any other options for you.

Like Anne-Laure Caluori likes this
Anne-Laure Caluori February 12, 2019

Thanks a lot for your help!

I'll report to our team regarding the plugin and we will see if it works for us; I'll give a feedback on that soon!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2019

Awesome, Anne!

We will be waiting. :)

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2019

Hello Anne,

Did you have the chance to check my suggestion with your team?

Anne-Laure Caluori March 22, 2019

Hello Petterson, 

Sorry, I did not gave you any news :(

We reviewed it with our CTO and he is not sure this is what we would need, so we did not try it. 

Thank you anyway for your kind suggestion!

Anne

Suggest an answer