How to get a list of "issues in epic" in Jira

We link issues to Epic in Jira.

2 ways to add a bug in epic

1) From a bug  – click 'More' => click link and select "Related to" and type in the epic number.

Now the issues will be related to the epic.

To get a list of linked issues

issue in linkedIssues("ABC-123") – works.

2)  From bug screen  click "Edit" and add epic link.

When we do that the bug is seen "issues in this epic" section.

How to get a list of the the "Issues in this epic" with their key and current status.?

thanks

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

hi @vaishali saraf ,

Epic link is majorly used to link a story .

Query can be like this for a story:

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ABC", "is Epic of")
Bugs can be linked to an epic with 'Relate' as well.

For 'Relate'  issue link , the outward and inward description is same 'Relates to' by default.

If you want them to be separately defined , edit the description under issues tab with admin rights.

Once you have new links towards the epics from bug, use the same query 'issuelinks'.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer .

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project =RDPROG" , "is Epic of")

When I tried above query... I got 

"Field 'issuefunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

Sorry... I am struggling here a bit.  

One this is not clear ...Where should I give the number of epic ( Issue key) whose issues I want to display.

For the issuefunction you need the Script Runner Plugin.

everytime i try to do anything advanced in JQL i come back to... "go get the script Runner Plugin". This is not cool.

This widget could not be displayed.

How about ("Epic Link" = ABC-123)? Should be as easy as that. Maybe I've got you wrong.

And if you have multiples;

"Epic Link" in (ABC-123,EFG-123, ABC-456,etc...)

or

If you don't want to list all the EPICs then: "Epic Link" is not EMPTY

Then export the info to excel and rock-on!

You are absolutely right, however, I actually found benefit from the given answer using linkedIssuesOf(), because my list of Epics is itself derived using a filter, and so can't be hardcoded like is done here.

I have a query to derive the Epics in which I want the linked issues.  Is there a way to list the linked issues within the query that derives my Epics?  I'd like to do this with just one query.  seems I should be able to.  I do not yet have script runner.  I tried linkedIssuesOf() but keep getting operator errors.  Like you the query derives the Epics.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

262 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you