How to get a Dashboard programmatically?

Hello everybody,

how do I get a Dashboard by JavaCode. The Dashboard has already been created in JIRA and I want to access this dashboard. Is there any possibilities to get the dashboard by id or name.

An answer would help me to go on with the development of my JIRA Plugin.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thx for the advice. I've already seen this Service. Can you give a Code Sample, please?

ComponentAccessor.getComponent(PortalPageService.class).getPortalPage(new JiraServiceContextImpl(user), dashboardId)

Try this.

how do I get/find the dashboard id?

I know it doesn't belong to the question above, but are there any event listener for dashboards? For example when you update an dashboard, an event will be triggered in the background.

This widget could not be displayed.

OK, the dashboard Id can be found in the URL as an URL parameter leading to your dashboard. This URL parameter is the selectPageId corresponding to your dashboard id.

E.g.: http://host/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10201

Is there a possibility now to get all the gadgets with the portalpage-instance or do I need another approach?

It would be very helpful again if you show me a sample code.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

142 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you