How to get a Closed On Date for Jira Advanced Search?

Trying to make a filter with ClosedDate, but Jira doesn't have this like it does "created." Other than creating custom field to manually enter a close date, is there a way to search isses that were closed on a certain date?

6 answers

This can be done by using status change search. For example:

... AND status = Closed AND status changed to Closed after startOfMonth() before endOfMonth() ...

"status changed to" -> Thank you so much for this!

Hi Eric,

I think you can achieve this by installing this plugin called JIRA Enhancer plugin. It has the ability to enhance your search result, for closed date and reopened data.

Josua

use other way,

project = project1 AND component = comp1  AND updatedDate >= "2015/12/24" AND status = Closed

This doesn't really work, unless your project has locked down edits to Issues after the workflow has changed Issue status to Closed.

For instance if someone added a comment to the Issue after it was Closed it would still show up as modifying the updatedDate, even though it was already closed.  Rendering an inaccurate appearance of Issue closure datestamp.

Not an answer, same question but I am looking query\sql instead of filter.

Trying to find first time closed issues on a certain date.

Thanks.

As Rian said, I also use this plugin, https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5139.

It's quite useful.

Is there an alternative way to filter issues based on closed date range? JIRA Enhancer plugin has a lot of use cases which are not required by me and it ain't free! Any inputs?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,784 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you