How to get User full name for multi user cf in HTML email body using JMWE workflow postfunction.

kk4065896 March 31, 2021

Hi,

I have JMWE workflow post function  to sent email notification upon issue created. In that post function HTML body I want to display all attendees to meeting through single and multi user piker with there full names.  I'm using following code for single user picker and I'm wondering for multi user picker. Could you please help me with the expression to get  the result.

Single user picker: <p> MH Lead( Multi user picker field name): ${issue.get("Custom field Name").displayName}

Multi User picker: ?

Regards,

Kumar

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi @kk4065896 did you try?

• <p> MH Lead( Multi user picker field name): ${issue.get("Custom field Name").displayName.join(",")}
kk4065896 April 1, 2021

Hi Martin,

Your script worked, thank so much for your help.

kk4065896 April 5, 2021

Hi Bayer,

If I leave this field empty while creating issue it is not sending email notification to me.

Regards,

Kiran 

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Hi @kk4065896 , I think it needs some null checks. Can you try:

• <p> MH Lead( Multi user picker field name): ${issue.get("Custom field Name")?.displayName?.join(",")}
Like kk4065896 likes this
kk4065896 April 7, 2021

Hi Martin,

Thanks so much. I'm getting "null" value as a return if I leave field as empty while creating. But, is there any way to get ignore that field if I leave as empty upon creation.

Btw is there any documentation regarding these expressions please share with me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kumar

Suggest an answer