How to get TextAreaCFType value?

xavier kcb September 2, 2013

Hi,

I have a custom field Free Text Field (unlimited text)

I need to retrive the newly entered values for this custom field from a page

I tried like below

final String newvalue = (String)cusfieldtype.getValueFromCustomFieldParams((CustomFieldParams)formValues);

But i'm getting the below error

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.view.CustomFieldParams

I can able to retrive for Label Custom field type values from the below code

final Set<Label> newvalues = (Set<Label>)type.getValueFromCustomFieldParams((CustomFieldParams)formValue);

Can anyone suggested me how to retrive the newly entered valued from Textfield area?

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes

Yes, This is to retrive the already existing values from that field. But What i need is

i have this custom field on my .vm page. So i need to get the newly entered values from that page before sending to next page.

To retrive that i tried in above mentioned way. But getting error

0 votes

Yes, This is to retrive the already existing values from that field. But What i need is

i have this custom field on my .vm page. So i need to get the newly entered values from that page before sending to next page.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

normally the following way we use to get field value from issue

CustomFieldManager cfm = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
CustomField customField=cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Customfield name");
String value=(String)issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField);

Suggest an answer