How to get MySQL query data into a issue field?

UbxSD October 24, 2017

How can I make a MySQL query to fetch some data from the database and display it in issue fields? 
Can I make a jira filter with that SQL query? 
For e.g. There is a table in our company database which has a column in it, I want to get that column and make it appear in jira issues?

Thanks in advance.

sD

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Hi, 

You cannot directly make SQL queries to Database within JIRA using JQL filters.

You can look into Power Database Fields Plugin and nFeed Plugin to connect to a DB, fetch data from there and display into a custom field. 

For e.g. The Power Database Field plugin gives you additional customfields and one of them is Database Custom Field. You can create a customfield of this type, and configure it to your db and fetch relevant data. 

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 24, 2017

Add the The table grid editor as an additional option.

Francis

UbxSD October 24, 2017

Power Database Fields looks like a free addon so I probably will think about using that

Many thanks. 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

You need code to do that.  Something to read your data and display it as a field.

There are "database fields" add-ons in the marketplace which allow you to draw their options from a database and to display SQL queries too, it's worth a look at those, rather than writing your own.

A better option may be to use something like ScriptRunner to provide a "scripted field" that can pull the data you need, if it's read only.

Translating a SQL query into a Jira filter is a non-starter.  The database behind Jira is a data store and is not designed for anything like reporting.  But if you implement your display as a field, then yes, you can search that in JQL queries.

UbxSD October 24, 2017

Power Database Fields looks like a free addon so I probably will think about using that.

ScriptRun looks good too but Its quite expensive for just one operation :(
I have to actually connect to an external Database (Not JIRA DB). So i think i would need addon for it.

Thankyou for your help

Everton Rodrigues Garcia May 10, 2018

UbxSD, have you find the free solution ? I'm facing the same problem.

Thank you for your help ! ;) 

0 votes
UbxSD October 24, 2017

-

Suggest an answer