How to fuzzy match a summary string containing a digit

I have two JIRA issues, with summary strings: "FOOBAR_STAGE" and "FOOBAR2_STAGE".

If I run this filter:

summary ~ "STAGE"

The first issue is returned, the second is not. Is there any way I can construct a query to return both results?

Thanks

2 answers

0 vote

Hi Chris,

You may try searching using the JQL query below:

summary ~ "FOOBAR*"

Using "FOOBAR*STAGE" should also work according to our documentation, but I have tested it and it did not work. sad I will link this post to one of the bugs we have raised for problems related to the behaviour of the CONTAINS (~) operator:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31882

Cheers,

Danilo

Thanks for the suggestion Danilo. I'm not sure it's going to work in my case, because I want to match all of FOOBAR_STAGE, FOOBAR2_STAGE, BARFOO_STAGE, BARFOO2_STAGE etc.

Also, because it's the summary field, it's in the middle of a string such as "Job called BARFOO2_STAGE failed"

Best regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

169 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you