How to fully complete an issue?

Hagen Huebel March 18, 2019

We are using Jira Next-Gen with Atlassians cloud hosting.

I moved Issues from "in progress" into "Done" state. However, when I want to close the current Sprint, Jira still reports all Issues as "open" and asks me to transfer them over into the next sprint.

If "done" is not the right state to complete an issue, how can I achieve that?

Within the **Jira Next-gen** project there is no option to "close" an issue.

Screenshot 2019-03-18 11.26.01.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Hello,

The Done column should be the most right column. If it is not the most right column, then the issue is considered as not completed. You can not change this behaviour.

Hagen Huebel March 25, 2019

Is it a global thing that issues can't be completed then anymore? or something we can do with configuration?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

It is built in Jira Software. Issue must be in the most right column of the board to be completed

Many thanks! This was the solution.

My issue was, that i've added a second column at the end for postponed items. Moving them to the left solved my problem.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

the issue isn't resolved. Moving an issue to 'done' needs to pass through a transition that either presents the resolution field for the user to set or has a post function that sets the resolution. This is a workflow issue. 

Anything i can do here in configuration?

My issue was, that i've added a second column at the end for postponed items. Moving them to the left solved my problem.

Ravit Sela
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2019

Hi ,

I'm using next-gen project and I'm facing the same problem.
When navigating to project settings I cannot find any workflow settings.
Can you please help me solving this issue step by step?

Thanks,
Ravit

Suggest an answer