My problem: I have a custom field that has a typo in its description. Whenever I edit the field description, the changes are reflected on the Administration -> Issues -> Custom Fields tab. However, when viewing the field on a transition screen, then there is still the old erronous description. I have tried to re-index, but this doesn't help. I tried a 'hard reload' on the transition screen, and even switching the browser, but this doesn't help either (so this doesn't seem to be a browser cache issue). Now I am out of ideas.
So , how to force JIRA 5 to acknowledge the changes I made to the custom fields? Any help is appreciated.
Edit the custom field description under the field configurations. I am guessing it has the old description there.
sorry, this might be a stupd question but have tried flushing your browsers cache? Or just using another browser? You probably did or at least are meaning a similar thing with'hard reload'.
Another not so clever suggestion (somtime it's just the obious things we are missing...) is to check if there is a second field with the erronous description on that screen.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs