How to fix this below issue and anybody can tell me

JIRA Account June 2, 2021

{    "errorMessages": [],    "errors": {        "Summary""Field 'Summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."    }}

6 answers

1 vote
JIRA Account June 3, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans @Liam Green Thanks team its now worked

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

@JIRA Account 

Glad it's working - if Dirk's answer helped, don't forget to 'accept' it.

Thanks,

Liam

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hey @JIRA Account ,

As you are using Cloud, take a look at the documentation first. 

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-post

also I notice you use Summary  as fieldname, could you try using summary (all lowercase)?

Another thing is to make sure the user you are using to do the  call actually has access to the project and has create permissions

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Hi

Postman isn't something I have knowledge of - so hopefully there will be someone else on the community who can help

0 votes
JIRA Account June 2, 2021

@Liam Green 

I am facing this issue in postman for creating the jira issue and This is my request and response 

Request:

"fields": {               "project": {                     "key""SAM"                       },                        "Summary""create issue in RS project",                      "description""Creating of an issue using project keys and issue type names using the REST API",                      "issuetype": {                            "name""Bug"                                                   }                    }                }

Response:

{    "errorMessages": [],    "errors": {        "Summary": "Field 'Summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."    }}

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2021

Hi @JIRA Account 

Welcome to the Community!

Where are you experiencing the error?

Thanks, 

Liam

Suggest an answer