How to fix: XSRF Security Token Missing?

br1984 September 25, 2019

The explanation given is not correct.  This happens with all browsers.  This is Jira version 8.2.3 and it happens when I try to force memory garbage collection.

"Your browser has not provided any parameters at all and your input has been lost. Press back now to try and resend the data. This is most likely caused by a bug in the browser. FireFox 3.6.0 have been known to exhibit this behavior.

For more information see this bug report Documentation

Jira could not complete this action due to a missing form token.

You may have cleared your browser cookies, which could have resulted in the expiry of your current form token. A new form token has been reissued.

Request URL: /secure/admin/ViewSystemInfo!garbageCollection.jspa"

3 answers

0 votes
Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020
  • Go to <Jira-installation-directory>/conf, and edit the server.xml file.
  • Add relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^&#x5c;&#x60;&quot;&lt;&gt;" to the connector properties in server.xml. For example:
  • Add this line into the connector:
    <Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^&#x5c;&#x60;&quot;&lt;&gt;" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false"/>
  • Restart Jira.

This solved my problem.

The problem is in fact with tomcat wich is filtering out requests that contain special characters.

0 votes
Felipe Carasso January 15, 2020

Any news on this issue? On top of the mentioned URL, I'm getting this same error when trying to upload custom banner or favicon from file, I.e. /secure/admin/LookAndFeel!uploadFavicon.jspa . Jira Software 8.6.

Lwandile Rorwana February 12, 2020

Hi There, 

any resolution on this issue? my users are getting it from our service desk client portal.

thanks

L

Joel April 2, 2020

4 mo. later... Any resolution on this issue? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

What explanation?  Have you read the bug report (the link to it in your question is not the one given by the application, so we don't know what you are looking at if you have followed it)

br1984 September 26, 2019

This one: "This is most likely caused by a bug in the browser. FireFox 3.6.0 have been known to exhibit this behavior." It is NOT a bug in the browser because I tried four different browsers (all updated to the latest version) and the same thing happens.

Also the link is bad.  "For more information see this bug report Documentation" This "bug report" is not a bug report at all it's just a link to the generic documentation page for 8.2 core server.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 11.17.23.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer