How to find what status an issue had at a gived point in time

Henrik Gerdtsson September 19, 2019

I am looking for a way to get the status of an issue or a number of issues at a given point in time. E.g. What status did the different issues in a sprint have on the third day of the sprint.

2 answers

1 vote
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Hi @Henrik Gerdtsson

There's no direct way of searching for this - there are a few options though...

History Searches:

• History searches allow you to search for issues that were in a specific status in the past
  • For example, if I wanted to locate issues which were "In Progress" between Sept 1st and Sept 19th, I could write: status was "In Progress" DURING ("2019-09-01","2019-09-19")
  • For more information on history searches, see this article here

Other:

• There are apps which will visualise this information - for example, see Status History and Status History PRO which might get you close to what you need.
  • You can export the issue history via the database / APIs - there are also apps for exporting the issue history if more useful - see this example search on the Marketplace for some options

Ste

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hi Henrik, you can use something like this:

status was "In Progress" BEFORE startOfDay()

But you can't use the value of a field in the BEFORE statement without some plugin or customization.

Suggest an answer