How to find the issues closed by assignee each month over a year?

Awanthika Senarath
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Hello we have a requirement to find out the issues closed by team members each month over the past year.

I can see dashboard options to see issues closed by assignee, but this will give me the results only for a given time period, I want to see a two dimensional view, with assignee in y axis and month in x axis over the past year. 

How do I achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Hi!

If you are open to using Jira Marketplace app, then you can create such a report using the eazyBI Reports and charts app.

Combining the Assignee dimension in the report rows and Time dimension months in columns (and the same Time dimension years in pages for filtering months by years) together with the predefined measure "Issues closed", you would get closed issues by months and users:

closed by users and months.png

"Issues closed" are those issues that have entered closing statuses: Issues closed measure 

You may watch a video on how reports are built in eazyBI: Start building report 

Please contact us at support@eazybi.com for any further questions! 

Ilze, eazyBI Customer Support

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

For that by month view you will need to look outside of Jira. Options include an addon like easyBI or similar or simply export to Excel or Sheets and build the chart you want.

your JQL might be something like this....

project = abc and resolutiondate >= startofyear(-1) and resolutiondate <= endofyear(-1)

this would yield issues resolved in project ABC last year

Suggest an answer