Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to find the default issue type scheme?

Hello,

From the REST API documentation I cannot see how to directly find the ID of an issue type. I'd like to find the ID of the Spike issue type. Is there a way to do this directly?

I think that if I can find the default issue type scheme the I can search that scheme for the Spike name and find its ID. How can I find the default issue type scheme?

The closest solution I can find is to get all issue type schemes (GET /rest/issuetypescheme) and then iterate through all schemes returned and find the one where name = "Default Issue Type Scheme".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Kevin Johnson ,

you can use the following rest api https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.22.2/#issuetype-getIssueAllTypes in order to retrieve all issue types defined in your instance. After doing that you can cycle on the list in order to get id based on issue type name.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Ivan Lima Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

@Kevin Johnson, you can't directly get the IDs. You can get all issue types or issue type schemes, and the response returns a list of IDs. What are you trying to achieve? I assume that getting the IDs straight from the UI is not an option for your use case. Depending on how you're putting this script together, we may be able to contribute to that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you