How to find screen name using the front end screen ?

Javad K K December 25, 2019

Hi Everyone,

Good day!

Is there any way to find out the screen names using front end?

For eg: I have added a custom field in the screens which is not reflecting in the issue creating screen. I need to make it as mandatory field in the resolve screen. While making it as mandatory the customers are not able to create the request.

Adding Screen shot for your referenceUntitled.png

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019

It is what it says it is.  You have a field, you have hidden it, you have made it mandatory, but not set a default.

You will need to un-hide it, make it optional or set a default for it.

I think you have misunderstood what a mandatory field is.  When you make a field mandatory, you do it for the entire lifecycle of the issue - it is required on creation of the issue and cannot be emptied out.

If you want to make something mandatory only during part of the lifecycle, you need to use validators to check it on the transition(s) you need it.

Javad K K December 27, 2019

Dear @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Please note, I'm not misunderstood in the case of mandatory field. Attaching a screenshot for your ref.

I couldn't find the screen which mentioned in the screenshot as in the jira screens.

The thing is i have added a custom field for the entire screen.But,the same is not reflecting in this screen. (This screen is the user raising the issue).

Image 1.png

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

You will need to go to the configuration of the "Service Request" and add the missing field to it.  It's not quite a "screen" in the usual sense that Jira uses the word, it's part of the configuration request.

Like Javad K K likes this
0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2019

Hi @Javad K K ,

Please check field configuration of your project. Looks like you have some mandatory field on your field configuration. so above error is throwing.

For the screen name, you can refer the screen schema of your project

Suggest an answer