How to find out where installed JIRA add-ons are used?

Sven Kr July 13, 2017

Hi all,

we have the following add-ons installed in JIRA Core:

- JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

- JIRA Suite Utilities

As I'm new to JIRA administration I'd like to find out which modules/fuctions of these add-ons are used by which workflows. We have a few custom workflows and I don't want to click through all steps and conditions.

Is there a view or something which shows the usage of modules from add-ons?

Also this would be useful to find add-ons which at some point are not used anymore.

Thanks a lot!
Sven

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

That's pretty much an essay question, and not an easy one.

There is no simple way to ask "where is an add-on used" because add-ons can inject themselves into all sorts of places and you might never find them all.  Especially ones that provide a swathe of functions - the classic one is the JIRA Toolkit, where you'd need to look at fields in use, workflows, and then, um, if you turn it off, you may hear users yelling that an issue tab has vanished.

However, you've picked on two of the slightly easier ones.  If you have an xml backup of your system, you can search it for part of the keys of the add-ons, because workflow functions say "in this transition, run class <key.workflow-function>"

Clumsy and inelegant, but it's currently the only quick way to find add-on usage.

Sven Kr July 13, 2017

Thanks! I will look into that.

Suggest an answer