How to find JIRA issues with comments from a particular user?

aloraine May 26, 2021

Hi!

Is there any way I can query JIRA to get a listing of all issues that were at some point assigned to a particular user?

I want to get back all the issues that are currently assigned to the person as well as those that were, at some point in the issue history, assigned to that person.

I know how to search based on current assignee, but what about past assignments?

-Ann

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi @aloraine 

Have you tried:

assignee was [username]  

?

HTH,
KGM

aloraine May 26, 2021

Thanks! Problem solved.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Excellent!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Hi @aloraine @You can use assignee was username or assignee was in (username1, username2)

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021
aloraine May 26, 2021

Thanks! Problem solved!

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

@aloraine Great 👍 Glad to hear it works.

Suggest an answer