How to find Filter Name from Filter ID ?

Tatiana Jancusova December 20, 2017

As a JIRA administrator I found some warning according some filters in the log files. So I have now the filters IDs. I would like to know the names and the owners of those filters.

If I am using the https://example/issues/?filter=id

I get the message:
The requested filter doesn't exist or is private.

If I am using the SQL:
select *
from searchrequest
where id = id

I get empty table.

My question is, if the filter is private, would I see it in the SQL table? How can I find the Filter Name and owner?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

The filters don't exist, that's probably what the warnings are.

Could you tell us what the warnings actually are?

Tatiana Jancusova December 20, 2017

There are from the structure add on. The filter, that are used for the synchronization does not exist or is not available:

2017-12-20 07:47:36,904 Structure-Jobs-3d61a76 Queue-Thread#7486 : Filter autosync #423 for structure 'TMS FD' (#405) WARN samuel.ramos<-samuel.ramos [clter.FilterSynchronizer] failed to run: filter 22856 does not exist or is not available to samuel.ramos

I wanted to find out if it does not exist or is just not available for the user and me. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

They don't exist.  The database query tells us that.

You'll need to amend the Structures you've got set up so that they reference existing filters, or remove the Structure.

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

If the SQL sentence you've executed does not return the filter row, then it doesn't exist.

Executing this SQL sentence can give you some additional understanding on how filter shares are managed in the database:

SELECT sp.entityid, sp.sharetype, sp.PARAM1, s.filtername, s.authorname 
FROM searchrequest s, sharepermissions sp
WHERE sp.entityid = s.ID
AND sp.entitytype = 'SearchRequest'
AND sp.sharetype != 'global'
0 votes
Paul A Wright February 16, 2022

I have to disagree with the responses, suggesting the filter doesn't exist.  It could be as simple as a permissions issue.
I just encountered this and couldn't understand why a filter I was trying to view displayed such a message. If it was one, I'd think perhaps it didn't exist and move on, but there were multiple filters.
I SU'd as another user to see what they saw and they could see the filters.
I granted myself permissions (as I'm an admin) and can now see the filters that were previously 'non existent'.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

I'm afraid you probably misunderstood - the question was about looking in the database for the filters.

The database does not have any permissions on it, there's no way to hide anything from a user of the database.

This is nothing to do with permissions on the filters.  The filters are not in the database, therefore they do not exist at all.

Like # people like this
Paul A Wright July 26, 2022

Ah, apologies.  Thank you for clarifying.  Happy for the comment to be removed if appropriate.

Suggest an answer