It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to filter out the Issue ID when exporting an excel file

I'm having trouble trying to exclude the ISSUE ID column on the CSV export file.

I've created the following script:  
project = ANDROID AND issuetype = Bug AND labels = Fix4.1 order by created ASC

When I export this a CSV (current fields), the resulting csv displays the ISSUE ID column.  I want to exclude and/or hide this so when I export the CSV this column is not present.

3 answers

Joe,

The reason is for reporting purposes only.  Yes, I could just export the csv into excel and then delete the column. 

The question is then why can't I mask/hide/unselect a field?  I don't want to physically delete anything from the filter.  Why can’t I just filter out the Issue Id column in JIRA before exporting to csv?  This would save me from having to delete the column manually.

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Leader Jan 10, 2020

You would need to name every field you want to export in the script. The simple solution is to import the csv into excel and delete the column. 

I don't understand your reason for this. If you delete the issue id there is no reference to the issue in JIRA. 

I have the same use-case/requirement.

My export is for a client report - they have no interest in or visibility of the Issue ID; we only ever refer to issues by Issue Key.

I include Key in my list of columns which is fine on-screen, but when I export "CSV (current fields)" I get Issue id and Parent id in the produced CSV file.

It's effort and a small risk of making a mistake if I have to edit the file manually in excel.

0 votes

Hi @Brian Jennings,

From your search results page, click on the "Google Sheet" icon:

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 11.11.56 pm.png

This will copy your results without "Issue Key".

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you