How to filter out the Issue ID when exporting an excel file

Brian Jennings January 10, 2020

I'm having trouble trying to exclude the ISSUE ID column on the CSV export file.

I've created the following script:  
project = ANDROID AND issuetype = Bug AND labels = Fix4.1 order by created ASC

When I export this a CSV (current fields), the resulting csv displays the ISSUE ID column.  I want to exclude and/or hide this so when I export the CSV this column is not present.

4 answers

1 vote
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2020

Hi @Brian Jennings,

From your search results page, click on the "Google Sheet" icon:

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 11.11.56 pm.png

This will copy your results without "Issue Key".

Jasdev Sran April 8, 2021

This does it ! 

We use Google Sheets so no need to manually remove that column too. 

Another pro tip - you can keep the links to the ticket by right click on a cell > paste special > paste all except borders : 

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 6.19.52 PM.png

1 vote
Brian Jennings January 10, 2020

Joe,

The reason is for reporting purposes only.  Yes, I could just export the csv into excel and then delete the column. 

The question is then why can't I mask/hide/unselect a field?  I don't want to physically delete anything from the filter.  Why can’t I just filter out the Issue Id column in JIRA before exporting to csv?  This would save me from having to delete the column manually.

0 votes
Travis Herman November 17, 2022

I don't think I've ever seen a webpage where I can select what columns I export, definitely what is visible on the screen but not exporting to a CSV. The problem is that the page is being filtered but the base table is not being modified. It's the same if you freeze the top pane and scroll to row 51 to copy just the header and 51, since the other columns/ rows haven't been deleted they will still be in the table.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

You would need to name every field you want to export in the script. The simple solution is to import the csv into excel and delete the column. 

I don't understand your reason for this. If you delete the issue id there is no reference to the issue in JIRA. 

Gordon_Little March 4, 2020

I have the same use-case/requirement.

My export is for a client report - they have no interest in or visibility of the Issue ID; we only ever refer to issues by Issue Key.

I include Key in my list of columns which is fine on-screen, but when I export "CSV (current fields)" I get Issue id and Parent id in the produced CSV file.

It's effort and a small risk of making a mistake if I have to edit the file manually in excel.

Jacob Watts November 22, 2021

I agree with those wanting it fixed to allow not exporting the issue id. We just cleaned up a few filters and have this column coming along with our exports making them still be a bit messy. We have no need for an issue id to be exported, it doesn't mean anything to anyone we are sending these reports to and we don't want to have to delete this column on each of our exports, multiple times a day. Seems really short sighted. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer