How to filter on issues where assignee has not updated the ticket?

Felix Chan November 15, 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to filter on issues in JIRA where the assignee has not commented on or updated the ticket within 10 days, for example. 

What kind of filter(s) would I use for this?

TIA!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

Hi @Felix Chan,

Here is a link to a field reference guide for advanced searching. If you set your filter to pull all issues that "updated <10d and assignee != currentUser()" it will pull all issues that are older than 10 days and where you are not the assignee. 

The documentation shows other functions you can use on "assignee" that can help you narrow it down. 

Hope this helps get you started, 

-Scott

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

You may want to use updated <= 10d

I realized not adding equals doesn't produce all results needed. Unless you're using a day ahead like updated < 11d then it would get 10 days or less.

Like Scott Theus likes this

Thanks for the suggestion. Only issue with this approach is that if another user updates or comments on the ticket (for example, if I leave a comment asking the assignee to take action), those would get filtered out. I'd like to pull issues where only the assignee has not updated it.

Is there a similar search function to this:

updated <= 10d AND NOT updated by assignee

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2018

That simple updated <= 10d searches for ANY issue NOT UPDATED within 10 days regardless of who is assigned.

If you want to find individuals then you may want to do "update <= 10d AND assignee = raynard.rhodes"

If you're looking for a group of individuals you may want "update <= 10d AND assignee in membersOf("This Group")"

Sure, I think I can do something like this. 

Syed Absar March 3, 2021

This is prone to discrepancies specially when one assignee comments on another item where someone else is the assignee within the same group.

Suggest an answer