• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to filter all and Group similar issues with same root cause?

I am looking to filter all the similar issues created/resolved and closed with same or identical root cause or for the same reason. Let's say simple example I am looking for is as below.

1. Password functionality = 15 total issues'
  2. User signup process= 12 issues
  3. Envrionment issues, outages etc= 10 issues

This will help me to find we have got these many issues from this workflow or functionality and to emphasize more on that specific functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Ram Malapati

I would recommend a labeling system to tag each of your issues (during detection, fix or resolution) and then filtering based on that. What are you currently using to discern between these root causes?

Thanks @Fernando Bordallo , i thought about using labels. But, curious to know if there is a gadget or something that can help to filter issues and present a Heat Map with Defect titles, Issue description etc. to find the similarities.

What would you envision using as filter criteria?

Issue Description

Hmmm ... 🤔 You'd have to be very strict with how descriptions are written and you wouldn't be able to enforce that a Description filled in by someone has an exact value within a subset. That tied to RegEx not being available for JQL searches I can't see this working as a solid way of filtering, given the scenario you propose.

I'd definitely recommend using a custom field (eg. Root Cause) holding a specific subset of values (dropdown style).

Thanks, that makes sense. I used labels to filter the issues

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you