It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to filter Stories and its associated sub-task that has specific condition Edited

Hi All,

Looking for possible solution for below requirement. I have an story that belongs to below project and it has sub-tasks like QA, DEV. Sub tasks are distinguished by adding new field called "Sub-Task Type" and it has values of QA and DEV. Is there a way i can retrieve all the stories along with sub-tasks that has either QA or DEV sub-tasks. I currently do not have plug ins and looked at all articles in this forum and couldn't figure out the solution. Any help is appreciated

Project = CCC(At Story Level)

Sub-Task Type(New field added at sub-task) = QA (at Sub-task level)

In Summary, I need list of all stories along with list of sub-tasks that has field value "Sub-Task Type" as QA or DEV. I want to order by Story followed by Sub-task without using plugins. Thanks

1 answer

what I suggest is filter story first, then execute the following to who the subtasks:

issuefunction in subtasksOf("filter = '12345'") --- 12345 is a filter for an issue

then include whatever condition you may have.

Thanks Sherry. The only problem is the new field “Sub-Task Type” that’s been added is at sub-task level only and doesn’t exist at story level. So, I cannot create seperate filter for story alone

here is the example:
1. project = cc and sprint = 1(at story level)

2. project =cc and sprint =1 and sub-task type = qa (at sub-task level)

so my search needs to show both story and sub task at this level

I also tried creating a filter alone step 1, called the filter in Issuefunction of subtasksof (filter) but the search lists only sub-tasks but not both stories and sub-tasks

EX: issuefunction in subtasksOf("filter = 'filtera'") and "Sub-task Type" = QA

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you